Friday, December 14, 2007

Thursday

Wednesday night Brenda, Robert, Kelly and I met at Michele house to run, but unfortuanely right before we were about to get started it strted pouring down rain. It had just been spitting a little bit before that and we would have run in that no problem. funny though how guilty we all felt for not running.

Thursday morning was spinning class and after we got off the bike Stacey had us doing squats... not 10 or 15 but probably more like 50. Wednesday morning was Body sculpting class and we did 50 minutes of core and upper body exercises. Included in that were a ton of "Dead Lifts".

Brenda and I met at Michele's house again last night, we saw Robert's Yukon but never did see him. When we first started the run I felt everyone of those above mentioned exercises. I honestly thought for the first mile that there was no way I was going to be able to run 6 miles. We orginally had 8 on the schedule but we got started late and Kylie was coming to spend the night with me so we didn't have a lot of time.
It took about 3.5 miles before I really started feeling good. We tried to keep it at a comfortable pace and we did a good job of it except for a few times here and there when we would realize we had sped up quite a bit while talking. The weather was perfect about 44 degrees which is chilly but no real wind, we felt perfect the whole time and I was actually pretty sweaty when I got back in my truck. I had worn a visor so I could use my clip on light. Well the stupid battery was dead so I had to wear that thing the whole time for nothing.

6 miles
1:00:35
10:06 avg pace
I don't have the splits with me but I know that the slowest mile was 10:15 and the rest were between 10:03 and 10:06. Not bad considering how hard it was when we first started out.

After the run I went to Magness Creek to pick up Kylie. They were baking brownies so of course i had to stay and wait for them!!
I did get to see Brett for a little bit, now that he doesnt' work for Team 1 I don't get to see him very often. Unfortunately he was playing a video game with the guys so I didn't really get to talk to him... but it was good just to get a hug.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Soooooo fast! :)

Anonymous said...

I got there about 5:45 and got started. I ran the other way through Krooked Creek, G street, Apple Blossom, and Diamond Creek. Got in 5 miles at my relaxed pace of around 9:30. I was pressed for time to make it to Kelsey's basketball games to see her cheer. We saw Bob and Lisa at the game. Just watching the weather to see when to get in my long run on the weekend. TTYL