Sunday, December 2, 2007

Lazy Sunday

I got up at 6:00 this morning to get ready to go to the school to meet anyone who was running this morning. I had talked to Michele about running this morning and also Kim.
I did my normal pre run routine, and got dressed the last thing of course was my shoes, put them on took two steps and realized I was not going to be running today. I mentioned my raw little toe, well it didn't bother me when I was walking around barefoot but as soon as I put a blister bandaid on it and then socks and shoes it was really painful!
I checked my e-mail and Kim had sent one saying she wasn't going to run this morning. I called Michele and left her a voicemail.. I really hope she slept in and wasn't waiting for me at the school, or if she was I hope there was someone for her to run with.
I promptly took my shoes and socks off, changed out of my running clothes and puttered around a little bit. I didn't want to turn on any lights or make a lot of noise since Arland was still sleeping. I came back into the office and posted the Memphis pictures and checked a few blogs. At about 7:15 after being up for a little over an hour I decided to go back to bed and I ended up sleeping until after 9:00am!! I spent the rest of the day in P.J's and never once left the house. Instead I watched several "Samatha Who" episodes and a couple hours of Grey's Anatomy. I didn't realize how far behind I was on that show. It was really nice to just kind of do nothing today, but now I'm feeling guilty that I didn't get anything accomplished.
I guess we all deserve a day off every now and then.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

Of course you deserve a day off, especially after a race!!! Good for you, hope your toe heals fast. :)

Susan said...

Annette,

When I first starting reading this post and saw that you were going to run THE DAY AFTER A HALF, I thought "She is INSANE!!!"

I am glad you ended up taking the day off, regardless of the reason. REST!!!! You deserve it.

Susan

Cheryl said...

I had a lazy Sunday too, but I did get out of the house to go to the grocery store. Yuck!

Hope your toe heals up quick!