Saturday, October 13, 2007

What a relief

I was worried... I hadn't run since the marathon because of the blisters. I was afraid my legs might have forgotten how to run, or my lungs would forget how to take in enough oxygen. BUT it was an awesome run, everything worked the way it was supposed to. I did have one major problem about 2 miles in my stomach started betraying me, but I knew it would I have felt bloated for a couple of days. Luckily we were less than a mile from my house so I knew I could make a pit stop. Unfortunately a mile is a long way when you have to poop...I would walk, jog a little, the group got ahead of me, I didn't mind, I did not want them around if I had an accident. Luckily I made it home, I actually had to completely stop twice in the neighborhood but no accidents!! LOL

So the first 2 miles awesome the third well you know... the next 2 miles awesome again. I ended up with a total of 7
I have a lot more to tell but Arland and I are on our way to Sporty Runner in Conway, my FAVORITE running store!!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Isn't that the most AWFUL feeling? :)