Sunday, October 21, 2007

Catching Up

Wow.. I can't believe it has been over a week since I posted on the blog. I wanted to tell you all about our run's last Saturday and Sunday, but I guess with a combination of busyness and laziness it didn't happen. I won't go into all the details but both runs were great. Saturday we ran 3 miles with Jane, & Rick and then hung out and cheered for the runners racing the Cabot Fest 5k. It was a lot of fun, it was so nice NOT to be racing!!! Dennis our running coach did race as well as Andrea, Jackie, Caitlyn and Rick, Lisa and Bob.
After hanging out with everyone during the awards Arland and I ran home, altogether we got 7 miles and I felt great.
Sunday we went to the River Trail for Arland's 20 miler. Again lot's of other Cruisers were running and it was great, especially since I didn't have to run 20 miles!!! LOL I took my bike along and after I ran 9 miles with Kelly H. I jumped on the bike and "crewed" for Arland, Jackie and Jane. It was really a lot of fun!!! The only weird part for me was not having Brenda with us, I have done all of my long runs with her every Sunday since May.

I took Monday as a rest day, Tuesday was 5am spinning class and then our Tuesday Flyer's running clinic at 6pm (we did hill repeats) Wednesday morning Arland and I ran 4.5 at 5:30 am, and then Wednesday afternoon we flew to Baltimore for Business. I used to live in Maryland so I jumped at the opportunity to go on this trip. We stayed in a really nice hotel on the Inner Harbor. Wednesday night Arland and I went to The Cheescake Factory for dinner, I won't tell you everything we had.. it's too embarassing, but I will say we were both pretty miserable the rest of the night. Thursday was spent in meetings and then Thursday night the whole group went to Fogo da Chao, a Brazillian steakhouse, It was WONDERFUL!!!! Along with consuming lot's of meat I also had a few drinks, it was the first alchohol I've had in probably 6 months. It was fun!! LOL After dinner a few of us stopped off at the bar in the hotel where we were staying and I had a couple more drinks... raspberry mojoito's, wow they were yummy!!! A couple of the guys we had been hanging out with during lunch and dinner are also runners. During dinner I said NO way am I running tomorrow morning... well I guess those mojoto's went to my head because at about 11:00 I found myself agreeing to go running with the guys in the morning. LOL
5:15 came awfully fast, but I was really glad I did it, running along the inner harbor was so cool!!!! and it really helped get rid of the fog of the dinner and drinks from the night before. We only ran a coule of miles, but we ran fast, I didn't want to get left behind in unfamiliar territory! It was really warm and humid but the breezes coming off the water helped a little bit. As we were running Arland and I saw a running store and made plans to go back to check it out on Saturday.
Friday was more meetings and then dinner out again with some of the people from the meetins who like us were staying an extra night.
Anyway enough of all that.. it was great, we ate a lot, drank a bit and made some new running friends!!

1 comment:

Susan said...

I can't think ofa better way to see a new place! Very cool.