Thursday, February 7, 2008

It's hard out here for a Pimp

It's been a weird couple of days. Tuesday night our workout was cut short by severe weather. We ran most of it with lightening in the distance the whole time thinking and sometimes saying out loud are we crazy??? Well yes of course we are!!!
Cheryl, Kelly, Bailey and I were doing our workout together. We had just finished our 800 at LT pace, we caught up with the fast girls who were getting ready to start their 3rd or 4th 400 at interval pace, it was going to be our first, turns out it was our first and last. Well kind of. We were all gathered when a big flash of lightening and a big clap of thunder came booming down. We all screamed like little girls, but did we run screaming to Dennis's van to be driven back to our cars... NO... we decided we would go ahead and get that 400 out of the way. So we took off.. oh my gawd, my heart!! The adreneline from the thunder and lightening took it's toll, and then Bailey let out a yelp and stopped, I hesitated a moment and started to run back to her but she said to go on she was ok. I did that 400 in exactly 2:00... according to my chart it should have been 2:13 either way it took a lot of effort. It might have been faster if I had stopped for a second, but who knows. We walked for a few seconds and then started running again this time we were running to Dennis's van. I think it was Bailey who said we could use this as our second 400 and took off, but I didnt' really have it in me anymore. I did stop my garmin when we hit .25 and it was 2:21. That was without even trying.
I went to Tracy's house to ride out the storm and then Kylie went home with me to spend the night. It was just us girls, Arland was still out of town.
When he got home on Wednesday he asked if a tornado went through our house..yes it was a Kylie tornado!

Having an extra little person to get ready in the morning kind of threw off my whole schedule and I forgot/skipped breakfast. Don't worry Kylie got fed once we got to Team 1. She asked Horace to go get her breakfast. She has everyone wrapped around her little fingers!!
So anyway no breakfast, but I did have a Mountain Mudd coffee and that held me over until lunch. Arland texted me to wait for him to have lunch. By the time we got to Chili's it was almost 2:00 and I was starving so I made some poor choices and had chips and french fries, along with a few other things. Not only was I stuffed I was sleepy!! So when it came time to get ready to go run I was not prepared! I really just wanted to curl up on the sofa and watch t.v.

BUT being the dedicated runner I am I got dressed and made my way over to Michele's house to meet the girls. It was cold and windy all day so add that to my list of reasons why I wanted to stay home.
Even before I got out of my car I knew I was going to have stomach problems... oh did I tell you that in a stroke of brillance I took 2 immodium AD's?? yep sure did. In hindsight probably not the smartest thing to do.
I asked Michele to use her bathroom and I was able to get a little business out. I knew it wasn't over though.
We finally started running and hadn't gotten very far when I asked could we take the short cut to my little friend mr. port-a-pottie. Michele said it would probably be closer to go back to her house, but I said no better not I might just get in my car and go home. I made it to the port-a-pottie with no problem spent a little time in there but once again I knew it wasnt' over. We ran another mile or so and were headed back to the port a-pottie, good thing because too because just before we got there I could feel the need to use it arise. After the second visit I knew I wasnt' going to be running 8 miles. Not only was I constantly needing to poop, but I also had acid reflux, I kept burping and when I did I would feel the acid in my throat. Not pleasant!!! When we first started running my stomach felt like it was about 4 months pregnant , but the time I finsihed I felt about 10 months pregnant.
When we got back to Michele's neighborhod I had 4.25.... I couldn't stand it, I had to get in 5 so I ran the cul-da-sac a few times... and my great running buddies ran it with me :) Arland was also done and we walked a little bit and then headed home. I always hate it when I have to cut a run short but believe me I was THRILLED I was able to get in 5 miles last night.
The Wednesday night crew:
Arland
Brenda
Rock
Michele
Annette

Oh just in case you were wondering about the title of this post.... it came from Kylie. We were talking on the phone, I don't even know what we had been talking about but we were about to say good-bye when she said that to me. I was thinking about my crazy week and it popped into my head and I thought it was the perfect title for this post..... not so perfect that it came out of the mouth of a 4.5 year old!

No comments: