Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Time to Recharge my Batteries....

Tuesday morning I woke up feeling like I had been run over by a truck during the night. My stomach hurt, I was bloated, I just felt tired and blah. I always eat breakfast every morning sometimes it is a protein shake but I always have something but yesterday morning I couldn't even bear the thought of ingesting anything!! I didn't eat unil about 12:30 and I still wasn't even that hungry then.
I made the decision that I was going to skip the Tuesday Night Flyer's run clinic and instead go home with Kylie after the kid's running program and spend the evening with her
I can not think of a better way to recharge..refresh..reenergize..renew.... revive re- anything than spend some quality time with my girls Livia and Kylie.
The kid's running program was great, Jackie has always been very organized but each week improves as she see's what needs to be tweaked... she also had more help this week. Coach O was there and another Coach a young guy whose name I do not know... anyway their participation really helped Jackie
I stayed behind in the gym for a few minutes when the kids first went outside and I was very happy to find Kylie running on the track when I got outside, I could tell she was looking for me but at least she was running!!
The obstacle course is probably Kylie's favorite activity and i like it too but yesterday it was the "food group" activity I liked the best
They seperated the boys from the girls and had them form two lines, the coach or a parent would call out a food and if it was a good food the kids would run to the soccer goals ( in opposite directions!) and if it was a bad food they stayed put. The girls did better than the boys but they all did a pretty good job of recognizing good and bad foods.... all the kids started to run when the coach called out pizza!! that was funny and one little girl wouldn't run when they called out cheese... she said that's not a good food so later I had to explain to Kylie why cheese is indeed a good food. When the coach asked me to call out a food spur of the moment the first thing that came to my head was asparagus.. LOL... luckily Grace C. knew what it was and started running so the rest of the kids did too... several kids told me they had never even heard of asparagus!

After the clinic was over and Kylie got to play on the Merry go round for a little while we headed to her house where our activities included the following.

Barbies
Drawing
Bike Ride - Run
Dancing
"Spying"
The list goes on but suffice it to say we had a blast and after a delicious brazilian dinner I went home feeling much better than when I arrived!




























I think my time with Kylie did more for my physical and mental health than any speedwork could have!!!

2 comments:

Aron said...

sounds like a perfect recharge day!!!! SO fun! i love the pics, she is soooo cute!!

Anonymous said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the pics!!! You are right Kylie time is much better :)

Brenda