Friday, January 16, 2009

Fun Stuff

Tonight I am going to the Brad Paisley concert with Michele, James and Karen. We are going to a new Mexican restaurant in Little Rock first and will indulge in a margarita or two. It should be fun!!
Because of the possibility of indulging in too many margaritas I have moved my long run for this week to Sunday morning. I do however plan to meet the runners for Breakfast on Saturday morning. I will probably just roll out of bed with enough time to meet them.. heck they will have just run 13 miles on the trails so they will be dirty and possibly stinky so I will blend right in!


So you guys know how much I love being a part of the Magness Creek kid's running club. Well Coach O and Jackie have asked me to run with the kids during the Little Rocker's Marathon.

WHAT IS THE LITTLE ROCKERS KIDS MARATHON? The Little Rockers Kids Marathon encourages children (ages 7 to 12) to become more active by following a fun, simple running and/or walking program. The goal for each child is to complete at least 25.2 miles before race day. A marathon is 26.2 miles.

Then, on race day, children who are properly registered and have reached their mileage goal will complete their final mile on the official Little Rock Marathon course in front of family, friends and thousands of spectators. The Final Mile is a one mile, non-competitive, untimed fun run/walk. As the children cross the finish line, each will be presented with their finisher’s medal and finish line refreshments like the adult marathon finishers.

I consider this quite an honor since only 2 adults are allowed to run with the kids (for each school group). You know I am probably going to have tears streaming down my face the whole race!! I started this whole thing off as a way to spend more time with Kylie and to keep her running and in the process I have become part of something much bigger! Thank you Jackie!!!

I'm out of here... headed to North Little Rock to have lunch with Brenda :)

Have a great day!!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Man oh man -- that will be GREAT running with the Little Rockers!

Unknown said...

Running with the Little Rockers sounds like soooo much fun!!!!!

When and where are you doing your long run Sunday? I'm needing 10 miles and trying to decide whether to do it solo or with company.